1. First things first! I finally finished my latest cross stitch pattern (don’t worry, I already ordered another. One could say I’m a bit obsessed.) The one I just finished was Alice in Wonderland themed. Personally, I think it’s super cute. It’s the biggest and most complex one I’ve completed so far. I’m awful proud of myself.
2. I thought Pretty Little Liars was kind of uneventful this week…for being the premiere and all. Honestly, I’m not that into the show anymore, mainly because I just can’t keep track of all the characters, all the crazy random things from seasons back that seem to suddenly matter and I just can’t remember all the wacky things that have occurred over the seasons. I just forget! Quite frankly, I’m pretty ready for this show to come to an end even though I’ve enjoyed it. I’m sticking with it though!! I didn’t watch for this many years not to see this thing through to the end!
3. On the other hand, Marty and I kept seeing all the previews for the new show called Guilt on Freeform. Basically, every time we saw it we would kind of poke fun at it but I was still just a bit interested. I ended up watching the show and I’ve got to say, I’m already kind of sucked into this show. I’m pretty excited to have a brand new show to watch. I WILL NOT be watching that new Dead of Summer show though. Just no.
4. I’ve started rereading the Little House series again by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I’ve always loved these books so I just thought they would be a good summer reading project. It will also be a good way to pass the time while I wait for my new cross stitch pattern to come in the mail. (I usually don’t order them.) Anyway, the books got me thinking that maybe I should start watching the show so now I’ve got the DVR recording them whenever they come on. I feel like such an old soul. But Laura Ingalls is just so cute!
5. Finally, on Tuesday I got to watch Finding Dory! I went with one of my friends and that movie is just too cute for words! I really did enjoy watching it. I was a bit nervous about it because Dory wasn’t exactly one of my favorite characters from the original flick. I’m glad I got to see it though 🙂 Thanks discount Tuesdays at our local Cinemark!
I seriously think that sometimes I should write a book about how to simultaneously be 4, 21 and 65 all at the same time. This past weekend was pretty rainy, so I was passing the time indoors on Friday night. I watched some very old episodes of The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and worked on my deer in love cross stitch (which I finally finished!!!!) I was so over the moon with the Winnie the Pooh episodes. Literally it was probably my favorite show as a kid. It was so darn cute!! I might be a HUGE dork. Don’t judge.
On Saturday, my husband and I had a “date night” of sorts. I don’t really buy into the whole “date night” thing, but I guess that’s what you would call this. I somehow or another convinced him to watch Zootopia!!!!! He’s the best 🙂 I was very thankful for this because I didn’t really want to watch Deadpool. Zootopia was adorable.It’s the best Disney movie I’ve seen in a while. You should go watch it. Like right now.
And finally….drum roll, please. I made a version of Parmesan chicken last night.
Clearly, mine is the one with vegetables on the plate. Anyways, it turned out really well and it was so easy. It was just chicken, tomato sauce and some cheese. So simple and a quick meal that pretty much anyone can handle it. I was looking up recipes on Campbell’s site and came across the recipe on accident. I’m so glad I did though. I think it was even a winner with Marty.
I’m just proud of myself for eating it really. I’m trying to take things one day at a time. There are some days where I have anxiety over food the next day, which is an awful feeling. Then you just have to remember to take things one step at a time.
Enough random rambling…lol. There’s a glimpse into my life currently. This week is pretty much about relaxing and enjoying the few days of warm weather on this spring break while it lasts.
Last night I made crockpot chicken tacos for dinner. It was super easy. Way too easy actually and they turned out good!!! Thumbs up to myself. I didn’t eat them “taco” style, obviously. I ate mine in a taco salad sort of manner. I added black beans and asparagus into the mix.
Then, after dinner, Marty was watching the Vikings marathon in preparation for the new season starting last night so I went into the bedroom and worked on my cross stitch (which is currently a bunny) and because I’m a 21 year old child, I watched The Easter Bunny is Coming to Town. I wanted to watch Hop, but I don’t have that movie. Y’all, this is seriously THE corniest movie EVER. It was bad. I think I intended to buy Here Come Peter Cottontail, but made this mistake instead. Anyways, I’m currently in the Easter spirit 🙂
Part 2: Friday
Because we all know that I’m obsessed with Which Wich…..I had a bowlwich!!! Today mom and I ate there while I was getting some tire stuff done to my car. Thank goodness, this sub shop was conveniently located directly across the street 😉
In my shopping today I was in search of some dried fruit. I’ve actually never eating an apricot before but the choices were slim pickin’s. So I just kind of went for it and I’m so glad I did because they are actually delicious!!
Lastly, in life-well since Tuesday- I’m trying to find the fun, positive, exciting, uplifting and happy parts of life. I was also in search of today a vase for the flowers Marty got me for Valentine’s Day. I went into Michael’s to see what they had and stumbled upon these adorable lunch-type containers.
They cracked me up!! They had some more components on the inside that had more funny sayings.
Totally adorable and I kind of want them!! The yay! leftovers one was the funniest. I think they were Betsey Johnson or something like that. Anyway, Friday’s are for fun findings 🙂