Wednesday and Thursday I got to go visit the bright lights and the big city! The big city of Dallas, that is. Back a few months ago, I became really intrigued by George W. and Laura Bush. Mainly Laura, but I was interested in both of them so I figured out that there was a museum and library in Dallas on the SMU campus that you could go and visit. Soooo…I made my mom go with me. It was the coolest thing!!! I’m so glad we went. Walking through some of the exhibits I was just taken aback and tried to soak it all in.
Through George W. Bush’s presidency, I was just a child. I was in 2nd grade when 9/11 actually happened so I only kind of know what was happening at the time. Of course, over the years, I’ve since educated myself on the matter but it was interesting to be able to walk through the exhibit and watch some of the videos, speeches, and learn what the president was doing and saying during this time in the world. I was really excited to learn that when the attack occurred that President Bush was in a classroom reading to children.
But I also got to see prettier/lighter aspects over the course of the presidency such as state or inaugural dinner gowns. They were all SO pretty!!! I can only imagine getting to wear one of these lovely dresses.
After we visited the museum Wednesday we did some shopping around and then needed to find a Target. On our quest to find this…we stumbled upon THE strangest/fanciest McDonald’s I have ever seen in my life. Of course I needed to be ridiculous and take a picture.
Finally, in other news, I’ve been working on my classroom and thought I’d share a few pictures as well.
All in all, it was a really fun 2 day trip. We went to North Park Center and the Dallas Galleria and both of those malls are just like nothing I have ever experienced. Even with all of the walking and crazy, out of this world drivers I’m so glad we got to get out and explore for a couple of days.
It’s Thursday!!! Almost Fri(YAY)! So I’m going to join in with Amanda over on Running With Spoons
Here we GO!
1.I’ve really been searching for blogs/bloggers to follow lately. Mainly women and on topics that interest me. I’ve been really into the whole home decor/living stuff lately and I’ve slowly started to become pretty invested in Jennifer Ross and her Youtube/blog Pretty Neat Living. She’s just super cute, way organized, she seems so sweet and genuine, oh and it doesn’t hurt that she’s a new mom to a precious little girl. Check it out 🙂
2. I’ve finished my Laura Bush book Spoken From the Heart. It was a fantastic read! I would recommend that to anyone who just wanted to learn more about Laura Bush as a person. It was especially interesting if you are an educator of young minds like me 🙂
3. In other news, I’m about enter even more into ‘old lady’ status. Since I was watching Jen’s Youtube channel about just life in general, I was watching her holiday home tour and she was saying how she collects Williams and Sonoma holiday plates, a whole bunch of Peanuts decor and some cute mugs. This got me thinking……I should collect something. Y’all, I’m going to collect salt & pepper shakers. Here’s my first purchase:How cute are these Mr. and Mrs. Humpty Dumpty ones?! I couldn’t resist and I really wanted to start my collection.
4. I guess I must have been feeling pretty cute on Sunday. I decided I needed an outfit selfie.
5. This is what happens when your husband has been cleaning out his grandfather’s house. He brought all sorts of treasures home. Good thing I’m in love with old stuff!
6. Lastly, on Sunday ( April 17th) my husband and I will have officially been married for 6 months 🙂 ❤ We have the top tier of our cake saved for our 1st anniversary so I think I’m gonna bring home 2 cupcakes to do a mini celebration. I’m corny like that.
Shopping is so fun 🙂 Especially on spring break. Mom and I ventured to San Antonio Wednesday morning to search out some good finds and fun. This is most of the things we got. Really, I’m most excited about the Snyder’s pretzels (lol) the plastic cups, the Laura Bush book (I’m really itching to read some biographies right now) and the Army green dress we found at Charming Charlie’s.
Did y’all know about Home Goods?! What a neat store! We only have a Marshall’s near were I live, so this was a new place. It’s pretty similar except Home Goods was kind of a Marshall’s on steroids. We got frames for my finished cross stitch patterns so I could hang them around the house and that random Calphon pan with a lid. I was IN NEED of a lid!!! I didn’t realize how many dishes required you to have a pan with a lid.
Also, as I stated previously, it was my first time going into a Whole Foods store. While on this venture, I found these soft pretzels!!!! So, yesterday morning, I baked them 🙂 Turns out they are pretty fantastic.
I also wanna mention this Esty shop before I go. VDazzled is a jewelry shop on Esty by Victoria Pedanou who is a Cancer Biology PhD student. She’s a grad student who creates jewelry in her spare time. Being a girl who loves stud earrings, I think these are spectacular! She does a few other types as well so go check her out 🙂
Side note: Esty is a lovely place.