Linking up with Amanda over on Running with Spoons for a Thinking Out Loud again 🙂 It’s been a very, very nice week 🙂 Amanda’s Blog
- I had a really important job interview this past Monday morning. So, naturally, after my interview I OF COURSE carried on my tradition of an after interview Coke Zero and a selfie. I was really nervous, but it turned out that I think it’s going to end up being a new adventure 🙂
2. I can finally sing the Taylor Swift 22 song!!! Yay!! “Everything will be alright, if we just keep dancing like we’re 22!!!!” I’m pretty pumped.
3. Apparently, I no longer live in Texas. I live in Seattle or some sort of rain forest or permanent tropical storm. I know, I know, I’m a bad Texan for wishing away the rain, but it’s the middle of May, it’s yet to be actually sunny and it’s a whopping 58 degrees.
4. My little brother is now in NHS. He’s so cute, he wanted to take a picture with me yesterday 🙂 He’s getting too old!!!
5. Lastly, birthday stuff!!!! Part of Marty’s present was this mug. It cracks me up and is pretty true. He’s adorable.
My mom got me these super adorable Raggedy Ann salt and pepper shakers and a watch! I’ve learned through subbing that as a teacher, wearing a watch is super useful because you don’t always have a pocket to check your phone.
Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Thinking Out Loud
Living in Texas, you must always be prepared for strange weather that changes at the drop of a hat! So, I decided that I needed to purchase some “pretty” running leggings. You can’t really tell there, but they were this pretty purple and black color. However, because I wasn’t thinking when I bought these I quickly learned (in an unfortunate way) that you should buy running leggings in the CORRECT size.
I bought mine a size bigger because I didn’t want to feel closed in. MAJOR WRONG MOVE. I went home that day and put them on and went for a run. The ENTIRE time I was running I kept having to stop and keep tugging at my pants to pull them off because they would start falling down!!!! Also during this run I got only my left shoe muddy. They are currently working on the road at my house.
So while this run should’ve been a little relaxing it turned out to be super stressful and kind of awful. What do you do when you come home from a dumb run?! BAKE, of course!! I decided that I wanted to do some stress baking before dinner so I made brownies and then I made spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner. Okay, I didn’t “make” the garlic bread 😉 Eating that garlic bread was a huge win for me because I’m pretty freaked out by eating bread. I think I still might be recovering in my head from eating that. Anyways, it was really tasty.
Now on to random things. I’ve always been into pesto…but not the nutrition it has. I searched Pinterest for a “healthier” version of pesto and found one on Oh She Glows http://ohsheglows.com/2011/08/04/high-protein-oil-free-basil-pesto/ and it is FANTASTIC!! So the other night I made a pesto chicken sandwich with Ezekiel bread. Making that pesto was probably the best decision I’ve made in a good while!!!! What else can I eat pesto with?
Last random tidbit, I’ve been pretty into eating Twizzlers lately. I’m normally not into that type of food at all. I blame the impulse buy in the long line at the Lowe’s grocery store the other day. But they just have a strange appeal to me right now….I don’t know. But that’s that!