I had a really important job interview this past Monday morning. So, naturally, after my interview I OFCOURSEcarried on my tradition of an after interview Coke Zero and a selfie. I was really nervous, but it turned out that I think it’s going to end up being a new adventure 🙂
2. I can finallysing the Taylor Swift 22 song!!! Yay!! “Everything will be alright, if we just keep dancing like we’re 22!!!!” I’m pretty pumped.
3. Apparently, I no longer live in Texas. I live in Seattle or some sort of rain forest or permanent tropical storm. I know, I know, I’m a bad Texan for wishing away the rain, but it’s the middle of May, it’s yet to be actually sunny and it’s a whopping 58 degrees.
4. My little brother is now in NHS. He’s so cute, he wanted to take a picture with me yesterday 🙂 He’s getting too old!!!
5. Lastly, birthday stuff!!!! Part of Marty’s present was this mug. It cracks me up and is pretty true. He’s adorable.
My mom got me these super adorable Raggedy Ann salt and pepper shakers and a watch! I’ve learned through subbing that as a teacher, wearing a watch is super useful because you don’t always have a pocket to check your phone.
1.I thought I was going to miss Coca Cola’s names on all their bottles that they did last summer (I finally found one with Marty’s name) but I think I’m going to be a fan of these lyrics they are doing. Especially if I can get some T-Swizzle lyrics.
2. 6 month celebration, anyone? Marty had requested Pizza Hut pizza. He wanted the pizza with the garlic knots as the crust but they apparently don’t make that anymore. So I got his favorite kind of pizza….I ate a different kind.
I also got some chocolate cake for him and angel food cake for me 🙂 It’s THE best stuff! The cupcake selection turned out to be pretty lame.
3. Instead of garlic knot pizza crust, I just got some garlic knots. Still a win, right???
4. These little guys got here yesterday!!! Mr. and Mrs. Humpty Dumpty. They are super precious. Just saying. We’ll see how long it takes for Marty to notice them.
5. My feeling about all the rain lately? Well, I’d be a bad Texan if I said I didn’t like it. I enjoy the rain. However, I do not enjoy the mud, flooding for some people and the humidity that comes with it. I actually don’t really think I mind cloudy grey skies every now and again.
6. Lastly, I saw this on the Facebook page I follow, Jennifer Rollin, MSW, LGSW
She has so many great posts! I find myself cheering along and saying ‘yes!’ pretty much every single time she posts a picture. I have wayyyy too many screen shots from it.
Sometimes I use our oven for more than baking. Sometimes. Ordinarily, well before I got married, I would’ve made this lasagna with spinach instead of meat, however I don’t think my husband would’ve totally appreciated that. Soooo, I subbed the spinach for just regular beef. They didn’t have any ground turkey at the store the other day, so beef had to do. Don’t you worry, I still made this dish healthy 😉
You’ve gotta have some sort of garlic bread when you eat Italian food. Am I right??? I like how the lasagna is still all perfect in it’s dish before I had to destroy it and it try to get a piece out 😦 It’s harder than it looks! Oh! And I got to use my blue Corningware dish. They make me smile because they are a pretty color.
And here’s me, being awkward and showing you my plate (like you wanna see that). It’s not the prettiest presentation, but hey, getting lasagna out of a pan is difficult!!! If this isn’t a brave moment, I don’t know what is. I’m trying to breathe through this one. I feel like I should learn some Lamaze breathing techniques to deal with this (insert laugh here).
It’s just now Wednesday and this week has already been eating disorder hell. I’m trying really hard to just eat some food and not worry about how I’m going to burn it off. Easier said than done. I’m teetering on sanity. Currently, I’m watching The Big Bang Theory and the whole gang is at Sheldon and Leonard’s eating their Chinese food and I find myself asking the question of, HOW can they just eat that?! Do they even think about it? Does it phase them?! Do THEY freak out later? Ugh. I just don’t get it. It’s all very frustrating. How do all of you “normal folk” function on a daily basis? Seriously though, right now I think I want to crawl in a corner and just stare at my living room/kitchen from it.
Also, I’m way over this whole winter thing. Can’t it just be spring? Working out/jumping around inside just isn’t appealing anymore. I just feel stuck. I know that Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow so where the heck is spring?! I know, I know, it doesn’t happen that quickly. I think I’m just a little fed up with all this dang wind, too!!! Goodness. It could blow away a small child.